If you have a password, sign up for meeting roles below. Guests should complete the RSVP registration form at the bottom of the agenda. (If you have a password, it’s not necessary to also fill out the RSVP form – we would rather get you signed up for a specific role).
Members can find the online meetings details here (password protected).
THIS MEETING WILL BE RECORDED. Stills and excerpts from the video may be used by the club in its public relations and social media outreach.
Members and guests are encouraged to sign in anytime after 7:15 pm U.S. Eastern Time for an informal meet and greet and to allow time for any technical troubleshooting. We also do self introductions during this time. The meeting will officially starts at 7:45 pm.
Online Evaluation Forms can be found here: https://op.toastmost.org/eval-forms
Valentine’s Day Traditions
Word of the Day
1. Either of a pair of lovers in realation to each other.
2. An affectionate or familiar term of address.
3. A beloved person.
Member Inductions Ceremony
For the purpose of voting, please see Timer’s Notes below on expected duration of the different speeches
Toastmaster asks for the Timer’s Report & vote for the Best Speaker of the Day
Prospective Member Speeches
Topics Master asks for the Timer’s Report & vote for the Best Topics Speaker of the Day
General Evaluator asks for the Timer’s Report & vote for the Best Evaluator of the Day
General Evaluator continues with the functionary reports (the Grammarian, the Watcher, the Ah Counter, and the Chat Monitor (1 minute each)).
General Evaluator rounds out this portion of the meeting by giving an overall evaluation, 2-3 minutes. General Evaluator should aim ONLY to add any new insights, not re-evaluate speakers or repeat information covered by others.
General Evaluator asks Vote Counter to reveal the winners of the meeting
- Only Prepared Speeches with duration of more than four (4) minutes 30 seconds or less than seven (7) minutes 30 seconds are eligible for voting.
- Only Table Topics speeches with duration of more than one (1) minute or less than two (2) minutes 30 seconds are eligible for voting.
- Only Evaluation Speeches of more than one (1) minute 30 seconds or less than three (3) minutes 30 seconds are eligible for voting.
Timing will begin with the contestant’s first definite verbal or nonverbal communication with the audience. This usually will be the first word uttered by the contestant, but would include any other communication such as sound effects, a staged act by another person, etc.
RSVP deadline is past